CynergisTek CEO and Cyber Security Expert, Mac McMillan, to Return as Keynote Speaker for CHIME’s Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security Educational Program
Austin, Texas, June 9, 2015 — CynergisTek, an authority in health information privacy, security and compliance, today announced that its CEO, Mac McMillan, and its Vice President of Compliance, David Holtzman, have been selected as expert speakers at several educational events this summer. The company also announced that for the second year in a row McMillan will keynote the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) series, “Health Information Executives Guide to Cyber Security,” to support the newly formed Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS).
Presentations will explore a wide range of challenges healthcare organizations face today with respect to privacy and security, including cyberattacks, audits and data breaches, among others. McMillan, with his 30 plus years of experience serving in both government and private sector positions, and Holtzman with his tenure as a senior advisor with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), will provide attendees with valuable insights and proven strategies to mitigate their organization’s risk and ensure the integrity of information assets.
Scheduled presentations include:
- North Carolina Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), “Best Practices for Protecting Your Organization from Cyberattacks,” (breakout session featuring Mac McMillan and Chuck Kesler, CISO, Duke Medicine), Wilmington, NC. Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. EDT.
- National Academic Medical Center Security & Privacy Conference, “Meaningful Use Security and Privacy Measures: Risk Assessment, Mitigation and Audit Preparedness,” (panel featuring David Holtzman), Chapel Hill, NC. Monday, June 22, 2015 at 2:45 p.m. EDT.
- Bloomberg BNA Cybersecurity & Health Data Privacy Live Conference, (panel featuring David Holtzman), Washington, DC. Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
- HIMSS Privacy and Security Forum, “Best Practices with the Privacy and Security Genius Bar,” (panel featuring David Holtzman), Chicago, IL. Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
- CHIME Leadership Education and Development Forum, “What is Cyber Security and Why is it Crucial to Your Organization?” (keynote address by Mac McMillan):
- Denver, CO. Monday, July 20, 2015 at 11:15 a.m. EDT
- Seattle, WA. Monday, August 17, 2015 at 12:15 p.m. EDT
- Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 9:15 a.m. EDT
“The growing prevalence of sophisticated cyberattacks and costly data breaches in healthcare is creating a sense of urgency for organizations – providers and insurers alike – to take a close look at their security infrastructure and practices,” said McMillan. “At CynergisTek, we have always been committed to educational initiatives that support the industry at large, and the timing for these presentations is critical. We’re looking forward to sharing our expertise and to providing the knowledge these organizations need to protect themselves in today’s environment and beyond.”