Join John Nye, Sr. Director of Cybersecurity Research & Communications, and David Holtzman, VP of Compliance Strategies, for our webinar, “Healthcare Privacy and Cybersecurity: Outlook for 2019,” on Thursday, January 31st (from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm CST).
The two will discuss emerging issues that they predict will trend in 2019. Some of the top security concerns will likely include medical devices are now a patient safety issue and the large data breaches caused by third-party vendors. On the privacy side, they will discuss how state data protection laws will continue to change the face of health information privacy and analyze what is the likelihood that Congress will pass potential federal privacy legislation. Together, Holtzman and Nye will give insight into what is coming and will trend in healthcare IT and discuss how the industry should be preparing.
- Understand the changes in approach and governance of risk management.
- Analyze how medical devices are more than just a security threat and are becoming more common to be a patient safety issue.
- Explain why third-party risks and breaches are occurring more frequently.
- Describe how state governments are taking the lead in protecting health information and evaluate the potential for federal privacy law changes.
- Assess the cybersecurity workforce shortage and discuss how the industry can address this situation.
Register For This Event
Nye’s specialties include Wireless, web, and system penetration testing, user education and public speaking, information assurance, security auditing, policy compliance and writing, and security research and analysis. Some of his industry certifications include CISSP, Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).