We invite you to attend our free HIPAA Privacy and Security Workshop on Thursday, February 22nd in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. During this three-hour educational event, industry expert David Holtzman will draw on his previous experience to cover several key topics related to healthcare privacy, security and compliance.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
Privacy, Security and Compliance Challenges for Covered Entities and Business Associates
Information on Compliance Audits & Investigations by OCR, CMS and OIG
Cybersecurity Landscapes & Top Security Challenges Threats in the Healthcare Industry
Real-World Examples of Recent Incidents and Key Takeaways from Each
Lessons Learned from Recent Ransomware Attacks
Outlook to the Top Issues for 2018
Register For This Event
Why You Should Attend
- Nine out of the top ten breaches in 2017 were due to hacking, accounting for 70% of the total number of records breached.
- OCR’s initial results from the Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program found that 94% of the covered entities that were audited failed to demonstrate appropriate risk management plans.
- 72% of all malware attacks targeting healthcare in 2016 were caused by ransomware.
- New threats to healthcare security are an increasing concern to the industry and require proactive, not reactive, security measures.
- Attendees have the opportunity to submit a certificate of completion and agenda for continuing education credits.
- Regulatory and Legal Updates
- Enforcement Activities for Non-Compliance
- Audit & Enforcement Outlook
- Hot Issues for 2018
- Lunch (provided)
- What’s Changing
- Top Threat Areas
- The Impact to Healthcare
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Security Officers & Analysts
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
- Legal Professionals
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
I attended your workshop and thought it was great. David’s OCR experiences and insight were tremendously valuable, and it was helpful hearing about your clients’ experiences.